Florida CWP Info and Gun Laws
Buck’s Gun Rack offers a wealth of information to those interested in getting their concealed weapons permit for the state of Florida. We carry pamphlets for everything from completing the safety course required for the permit to information on how to fill out the application for your CWP electronically. If you want to fill out a paper application we have concealed weapons permit application packets on hand for free in store.For more information on Florida laws pertaining to concealed weapons permits, check out the links below.
For more information on the safety course required to apply for your CWP
Florida Concealed Carry Laws
Apply for a Florida Concealed Weapons License
Overview of Florida Gun Laws
Florida Concealed Weapons License FAQ
Florida Concealed Carry Reciprocity
Florida Weapons / Firearms Statutes
Florida CWP Reciprocity
The states in red do not recognize a Florida license.
Florida’s Reciprocity States
Reciprocity List [PDF]
(1) While Florida’s law allows licensees to carry stun guns, knives, and billy clubs in a concealed fashion, the laws in these states allow for concealed carry of
handguns or pistols only, not weapons in general. Florida license holders are prohibited from carrying other types of weapons while in these states.
(2) The State of Vermont does not issue weapon/firearms licenses. Florida licensees – indeed, licensed or unlicensed citizens from any state – may carry in Vermont. This presents a problem for reciprocity with Florida. Florida law provides that an out-of-state resident must have in his or her immediate possession a valid license to carry a concealed weapon or firearm. Since Vermont residents have no such license, the right to concealed carry cannot be extended to them under Florida law.
(3) Individuals under 21 years of age qualify for concealed weapon licenses in these states. HOWEVER, any licensee of these reciprocity states who is not 21 years of age or older is prohibited from carrying a concealed weapon or firearm in Florida.
(4) These states will honor the Florida concealed weapon license only if the licensee is a resident of the state of Florida.
(5) These states issue concealed carry licenses to qualified individuals who are non-residents. These non-resident permits cannot be honored under Florida’s reciprocity provision.
PLEASE NOTE: Laws do change. All information was correct at time of posting, please visit the Florida Concealed Carry Reciprocity link above to confirm that the states you will be traveling to are still legal with Florida’s CWP